In addition to community kitchens and coffee get-togethers, the Quyon Maison de la famille offers numerous other activities including:
Parent-child play Workshops
Stimulation workshops for children aged 0 to 5 years accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
Our group leader is very creative in her proposals for original projects, often recycling unusual materials!
Nobody’s Perfect Program (Y’app)
Get-togethers for parents with young children (from 0 to 5 years). Exchanges and discussion, with support from group leaders, to work on positive parenting skills.
Also on site are photocopy and fax services, clothing counter, etc. Daycare is available during activities. The Snowsuit Fund is now well established thanks to the support of numerous partners.
New services include an Income Tax Clinic as well as the CLIC OPEQ program that allows people on low incomes to purchase an inexpensive refurbished desktop computer. This family computer can be an important support for the academic or professional goals of all family members.
The Maison de la famille is very proud of their partnership with the Grenier des Collines food bank. As well as sharing space, the Maison helps the food bank with emergency distribution.
MAISON DE LA FAMILLE DE QUYON
1074 Clarendon St., Quyon, QC J0X 2V0
Tel.: 819-458-2808 – Fax: 819-458-1137
Contact : Silviana Geoffray
- To welcome, bring together and support all families from Quyon, Luskville, Bristol and area.
- To defend and promote the rights and interests of families.
- To provide help and support services to improve the quality of life of individuals and families with special needs or those who find themselves vulnerable due to poverty, isolation, stress, depression, inactivity, emotional deprivation, etc.
- To organize and run prevention and awareness activities based on needs expressed by the community.
- To recognize and develop the skills of each family