Main Services and Programs
- Community Animation: Shawville, Otter-Lake, Campbell’s Bay, Mansfield and Rapides des Joachims.
- Day camp and spring break services to reconcile work and family.
- Coordination of the Summer Youth COOP service.
- Seasonal programming: Central and Fort-Coulonge/Mansfield
- Coordination and management of inter-municipal sports programs: softball, soccer, recreational hockey, and swimming.
- Youth addiction prevention and awareness program.
- School animation to promote student retention.
- Maintain and operate animated meeting places for youths aged 6 to 17.
- Maintain places that deter youth delinquency.
- Promote self-control and independence among youths, starting with during their leisure time.
- Establish a sports, socio-cultural, community and outdoor activities program.
- Organize self-funding activities to support the organization’s goals.
- Offer young people aged 6 to 17 an alternative to hanging out in the street by providing healthy and structured meeting places where they can develop and learn to respect and appreciate each other, in order to prevent homelessness, delinquency, drug addiction, violence, suicide, and school drop-out.
- Provide training, information and education workshops to Pontiac youths in order to give them problem-solving tools.
- Actively listen to young people and refer them to specialized services appropriate to their situation.
- Foster autonomy among young people by including them in updating their leisure, sports, or cultural activities, by involving them in their community, and by making them participate in the various self-financing activities.
- Offer discussion groups and/or workshops on issues that concern young people, such as drugs, sexuality, violence, rights, drug addiction, and suicide.
- Raise awareness of, and encourage young people to follow a healthy lifestyle, enabling them to become active, discerning, and responsible citizens.
- The corporation works for its members without any financial gain goals, and the totality of any profit is reinvested in the pursuit of its goals.
LES MAISONS DES JEUNES DU PONTIAC
298 A Principale St., Mansfield (QC) J0X 1R0
Tel.: 819-683-1044 – Fax: 819-683-2669
The Maisons des jeunes du Pontiac is a recognized non-profit and charitable organization that provides four youth centres for Pontiac children and teenagers.
Our youth centres are defined as an association of young people and adults whose mission is to provide supervised meeting places where young people, aged mainly from 6 to 17 years old, through contact with significant adults, can become discerning, active and responsible citizens.
Board of Directors:
Michel Bourque, President
Nicole Belleau, Treasurer
Maria Mederios, Administrator
Luc Sicard, Administrator
Julie Martin, Administrator
Stéphane Durocher, Secretary (Non-voting Member)