Goals and Values
- Conserve and highlight the cultural and historical heritage
- Promote the conservation of the area’s exceptional native biodiversity
- Raise public awareness of the cultural, historical and natural wealth
- Promote the organization of recreational and educational activities respectful of the area’s exceptional native biodiversity
- Encourage the development of sustainable tourism and the creation of local employment
The Friends of Chats Falls organizes recreational and interpretive activities throughout the year, in order to help residents, cottagers, history and outdoor recreation lovers better know this section of the river, its exceptional biodiversity and rich heritage. Every fall, members are also invited to an annual forum. We are working with a number of partners and land-owners to develop a walking trail network, a canoe-kayak circuit, related infrastructure as well as recreational and interpretive programming.
THE FRIENDS OF CHAT FALLS
2024 Hwy 148, Pontiac, QC J0X 2G0
The Friends of Chats Falls was incorporated in 2017 as not-for-profit corporation. Our mission is to promote the cultural, historical and natural wealth of the Chats Falls region of the Ottawa River watershed through interpretative programs and sustainable recreational activities respectful of the area’s exceptional native biodiversity.
The Chats Falls area straddles the southern-most part of two MRCs, Bristol municipality in the MRC Pontiac on the south-west and the municipality of Pontiac in the MRC des Collines on the south-east.